Aarhus 2017 uses art and culture to rethink the challenges of tomorrow.
Aarhus 2017 creates sustainable development – cultural, human and economic growth - inspiring citizens to live, work and participate in the European region.
- The cultural sector in Aarhus and the Central Denmark Region is stronger and more diverse.
- Cultural cooperation and exchange between organizations in the region and European partners will have increased.
Image and Identity:
- Aarhus and the region have improved visibility in Denmark and Europe.
- Awareness of the cultural offers in Aarhus and the region have increased in Denmark and Europe.
- Aarhus and the region will experience positive economic development.
- Aarhus and the region are better at attracting national and international tourists and talent.
- Inhabitants in the region are more active citizens.
Organisational and Political:
- Cross-institutional, cross-sector and interdisciplinary collaboration in the region are strengthened.
- Arts and culture have an increased significance in the region.
Governance and Funding:
- The Aarhus 2017 budget is carefully managed.
Read more in our Strategic Business Plan.
Read more about rethinksIMPACTS 2017, which conducts research and evaluation connected to the European Capital of Culture project at all stages of the process from now until the end of 2018.