Part of Little Rebellions
Presented by Andreas Tang-Brock
Opera is singing with great power – a power that will intensify and provoke when the traditional setting of a concert hall is removed.
Opera should be close to you, where you work and go to school, where you shop and where you live. By bringing opera closer to your everyday life, opera becomes more present and more intimate. At the same time, you are able to listen in a different way when the music occupies city spaces and the vast openness of nature.
You may come to experience concerts in the grocery store and in the Salling department store, at Mols Bjerge and in the sand dunes by the sea. Concerts will pop up in the suburbs, in the villages and in the narrow alleys of the central part of Aarhus. Keep an eye on the programme, and allow yourself to sink into a deeply satisfying opera experience.
The singers and pianists in the picture (from left to right):
Camilla Sibani - pianist
Thomas Storm - baritone
Julie Kold Vildstrup - Soprano
DATE/PROGRAMME (will be regularly updated)
19. August: 12.00 and 13.00 under Skt. Clemens Bridge, at 15.00 and 16.00 by Møllestien.
20. August: 12.00 and 13.00 by Telefontorvet, at 15.00 by OMA Kollegiet.
22. August: 10.15 by Frederiksbjergskolen (school), at 12.00 at Rampen by Godsbanen.
24. August: 12.00 by Aarhus City Hall
25. August: 12.00 by ARoS Art Museum, at 13.30 and 14.30 by Salling in the city center, and at 16.30 in city of Stjær (Skanderborg Municipality)
Various sites in Aarhus
Salling Department Store
Skive and Holstebro